Same great Orangutan tone in a 1×12 Combo.
We’ve dropped the Orangutan chassis in a 1×12 combo featuring our 3 Monkeys 8 ohm speaker.
The Orangutan 1×12 has the same unique six position rotary VOICE switch. The VOICE switch changes both the gain structure and the tone as you rotate it clockwise. The VOLUME control interacts with the VOICE switch to produce shimmering cleans and smooth overdriven tones. The BASS is more like a global low frequency control, while the TREBLE acts as a cut. The LIFT switch disables the BASS control to provide boost and clarity. ROOM is our focused reverb, no surf wash here. While this amp is a no gain monster, it is rooted in the classic tones of 70s rock. Not trying to specifically mimic any one amp the Orangutan has it’s own distinctive voice, suited to both stage and studio.
Note: You can run a pair of EL34’s or 6L6’s in either the inner or outer pair of sockets (not both). A rebias is recommended however. Rock on!
- Four 6V6 Power Tubes for approx. 30-35W
- Three ECC83 Preamp Tubes
- Custom Transformers by 3 Monkeys
- Hand-wired Preamp / Poweramp / Sockets / Pots / Jacks
- Capacitor Input Power Supply
- Footswitchable ‘Lift’ Control for Boost and Clarity.
- Cathodyne Phase Inverter
- Mil Spec Components
- .090 Aluminum Powder-Coated Chassis
- Highest Quality Chassis Mount Tube Sockets
- GR-10 FR-4 Circuit Boards
- 3 Spring Reverb Tank
- Uniquely Shaped Solid Ply Cabinet (no rectangles here)
- Crushed Glass Faceplates with Industrial Silkscreen
- Made by Hand in Raleigh, NC USA
- One 8-ohm 3 Monkeys Speaker
- Black Tolex (Custom Colors and Suede available)
- Weight: Approx 64LBS
- Combo Cab Dims: 22”x19.125”x10.625”
- Upcharge for custom color Tolex (see colors) or Suede is $50-$225. Contact us for a quote.
Wired reviews The Orangutan 1x12 Combo
Guitar Player Magazine review of The Orangutan
Vintage Guitar Magazine reviews The Orangutan
The Orangutan Quickstart Guide