The new GREASE MONKEY II is the same as our original GM, but now includes a MASTER volume.
The GM II is an unbridled four EL84 amp with a distinct British voice featuring a switchable HI/LO INPUT GAIN and a MASTER volume control.
The low end of the pre amp is regulated by the SHAPE control giving three choices: 1-Bright, 2-Regular, and 3-Meaty. The CUT attenuates the high end and is bypassed when turned fully counter-clockwise. The BASS controls the overall low end, while the TREBLE knob acts on the overall high end. The VOLUME manages the loudness of the pre-amp and there is zero negative feedback making the GREASE MONKEY II incredibly harmonically complex.
(Please note, the GM II replaces the original Grease Monkey).
- Four EL84 Output Tubes
- Three 12AX7 Preamp Tubes
- 30 Watts Output with Master Volume
- Zero Negative Feedback
- Custom Transformers by 3 Monkeys
- Selectable Shape for Bright, Regular, Meaty
- Hi/Lo Input Gain response
- Mil Spec Components
- .090 Aluminum Powder-Coated Chassis
- Highest Quality Chassis Mount Tube Sockets
- GR-10 FR-4 Circuit Boards
- AC Input - 120V, (220-240V and 100V (Japan) available)
- Uniquely Shaped Solid Ply Cabinet (no rectangles here)
- Crushed Glass Faceplates with Industrial Silkscreen
- Made by Hand in Raleigh, NC USA
- Black Tolex (Custom Colors and Suede available)
- Weight: Approx 34LBS
- Head Box Dimensions: 21.75”x9”x8.25”
- Upcharge for custom color Tolex (see colors) or Suede is $50-$225. Contact us for a quote.
Guitarist UK Reviews the Grease Monkey II
iGuitar Reviews the Grease Monkey II
Premier Guitar Reviews the Grease Monkey
The Grease Monkey II Quickstart Guide